Friday, July 13, 2012

Traveling-Tall-Tale Wednesday

In 2010 I was invited to install a work on the lawn of the Lexington Art League. Long--impossibly long--story short. The work was 1.crushed by a 200 year old tree 2. burned by a homeless man in an effort to "keep warm."The final work was much different than my initial idea, and I have been fortunate to be able to install my latest work in Lenox, MA as part of the annual SculpureNow show. I don't know what got in the way in Lexington. I probably never will, but the twice loss of a work did teach me something; the press loves disaster. My misfortune generated tons of press. I'm told it even made the crawl of the Today show. Onward. (caption: The tree obviously didn't have it in for the cheap lawn furniture.)




No comments:

Post a Comment